Seven Nights and Eight Days
Day 01 Arrive at Paro (Alt. 2280 meters)
- Welcome to Bhutan – Proceed to Thimphu app. One hour.
- Memorial Chorten, a monument constructed to honour the father of modern Bhutan, Third King. Late His Majesty, King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck.
- Sangay Gang view point
- Takin Preserve centre in upper Motithang
- Changangkha Monastery
- Halt at Thimphu – NIGHT ONE
Day 02 Thimphu – Punakha (Alt. 1310 m)
- Punakha via Dochula pass with a view of Gangkhar Phuensum.
- Lampelri Botanical Park – know little about flora and fauna of Bhutan.
- Punakha Dzong built in 1637 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal which is situated in between Pho Chu and Mo Chu.
- Halt at Punakha – NIGHT TWO
Day 03 Punakha – Bumthang: (Alt. 2800 m)
- Pelela Pass
- Trongsa Dzong built in 1644 by Chogyal Minjur Tempa.
- Lunch break
- Ta Dzong
- Yotongla pass on the way
- Halt at Bumthang – NIGHT THREE
Day 04. Bumthang Sightseeing: (Alt. 2800 m.)
- Jakar Dzong built in 1667 “The Castle of White Bird”.
- Jambay Lhakhang built by King Srongsen Gampo of Tibet in the year 659
- Tamshing Lhakhang (Temple of the good message), established in 1501 by Pema Lingpa
- Membarstho “The Burning Lake”
- Hot stone bath with holy water at US$10 – if interested.
- Leisure stroll around town and get Bumthang cheese and visit Bumthang wool center.
- Halt at Bumthang – NIGHT FOUR
Day 05. Bumthang – Gangtey (Alt. 3120 m)
- Explore Phobjikha – visit Gangtey Gompa
- Roosting ground of the rare Black Necked Cranes in winter and its information center.
- Evening sightseeing of Phobjikha valley
- Halt at Phobjikha – NIGHT FIVE
Day 06. Gangtey – Thimphu (Alt. 2320 m)
- Buddha Piont – The tallest statue of sitting Buddha on the planet.
- Traditional painting school
- Bhutan post – stamps
- Watch archery match (ongoing)
- Stroll around Craft Market
- Halt at Thimphu – NIGHT SIX
Day 07. Paro Sightseeing: (Alt. 2280 m)
- After breakfast, proceed to the base of Tiger’s nest and hike to Taktsang Monastery.
- Lunch at Taktshang Cafeteria
- Take a stroll around Paro town
- Dinner and Halt at Paro – NIGHT SEVEN
Day 08. Departure: (Alt. 2280 m)
- Depart Bhutan
*Detailed itinerary will be emailed upon confirmation of your travel